Thread: 2012 Mazda RX-9 or next Kabura iteration?

Needs your put
    Blog Entries

2012 Mazda RX-9 or next Kabura iteration?

More pics and details coming...

What I know of the concept right now is that it's RWD, Wankel powered, and will have a limited-slip rear differential.

So far the rumors are that the engine will be a revamped (next generation?) Renesis. It will supposedly resolve the oil gulping nature of the current Wankel and be more fuel efficient (the holy grails of Wankel enginedome?). The new powerplant should also rise in displacement from 1.3 to something near 1.8 liters. Everyone wants two turbos stuffed under the hood and that's rumored as well, but we'll have to see.

The transmission is said to be a dual-clutch 6 speed sequential setup, like the new Mitsubishi Evolution X's transmission.
    Last edited by Just Jon; 12-28-2007 at 04:13 PM.
    "We will be known forever by the tracks we leave."
    - Native American Proverb, Dakota

Nice photoshops based on the Kabura concept (what makes it a MX-3 or RX-7 but no RX-9)

More pics and details coming...
    Good luck with waiting for something fake..

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahura View Post
    Nice photoshops based on the Kabura concept (what makes it a MX-3 or RX-7 but no RX-9)

Good luck with waiting for something fake..
    It's neither fake nor confirmed. The pics ARE based on the Kabura, and I did mention the rumormill.

Will Mazda build it or something close to it to replace the RX-8? I sure hope so.

Welcome to the site.

(BTW, I'm not a big fan of the Wankel engines and I have no idea how Mazda would suddenly solve the problems with that engine, but I'm definitely a sports car fanatic and I'd love to see another attempt.)
    Last edited by Just Jon; 12-29-2007 at 02:11 PM.

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    Autospies is suggesting that this is the latest iteration of the Kabura concept in that it'd be a lightweight, affordable RWD sports car with a 2 liter inline 4 engine: http://www.autospies.com/news/Is-thi...s-Aston-24803/

They call it a poor-man's Aston Martin but I think that's a stretch and less of a compliment than saying it'd simply be a great Mazda.

To be honest, I hope Mazda does follow-up with their Kabura and builds this car. A lightweight sports car with a conventional cylinder engine would be a great performer and sidestep the Wankel issues completely, providing a car that can be tossed around, accelerate well, AND get great gas mileage.
    Last edited by Just Jon; 12-29-2007 at 11:35 PM.

I hope so too. As far as I know Mazda North-America said they really want to but Europe and Japan have to give it a green light. Offcourse they want it too but they have to make some money of it.. same issue why its possible that a new Mazda6 MPS / Mazdaspeed6 won't be available and they also aren't sure about a Mazda2 MPS

And well.. there will be a new RX-8 and also a new RX-7 so I think they will focus their time and money on those cars first

I hear Toyota is building a $15K Supra

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arlingtonz View Post
    I hear Toyota is building a $15K Supra
    I smell a sandbox banishment coming soon.

J/k, but seriously, they are supposedly bringing back the AE86.

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    Another rendition:

Minister of Information Put Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WashUJon View Post
    Autospies is suggesting that this is the latest iteration of the Kabura concept in that it'd be a lightweight, affordable RWD sports car with a 2 liter inline 4 engine: http://www.autospies.com/news/Is-thi...s-Aston-24803/

They call it a poor-man's Aston Martin but I think that's a stretch and less of a compliment than saying it'd simply be a great Mazda.

To be honest, I hope Mazda does follow-up with their Kabura and builds this car. A lightweight sports car with a conventional cylinder engine would be a great performer and sidestep the Wankel issues completely, providing a car that can be tossed around, accelerate well, AND get great gas mileage.
    2.3L turbo?

I'd be happy with one of these if it could match a 350z in performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy on the Internet
    After all, if you can't decide how your property is used, it really isn't your property. And if you aren't allowed to decide how your earnings are used, they aren't your earnings, and your labor is the property of the individual or organization that does decide how it is used.