Poll: Should this florist be forced to provide service to gay weddings?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 13-04-19: Doug Honig

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jon View Post
    Both parties are definitely awful but the business owner has a right to be awful and refuse to service anyone. Making lousy business choices is his own problem. The patron has the right to give his business to a different company that will act in good faith.

-Jon (agrees with both of you)
    What if the business choice isn't lousy?

Pete (is not sure it is)

In my opinion, an easy way to look at this is to compare it to the freedoms that consumers have. As a consumer, I can choose a business based on anything I want and I don't have to explain myself... producers should have the same freedom.
    One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.

That baker is currently researching just how much laxative will make everyone at that wedding miserable but go undetected if push comes to shove.

Pete (thinks 3-4 drops per slice will work)

Forgive me if this has been discussed...can the baker just charge more for a particular cake???
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Raceboy View Post
    I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Needs your put
    Blog Entries

Supreme Court to Hear Case on Gay Wedding Cakes

Is a wedding cake speech? When a baker makes a wedding cake, is he or she declaring support for the couple's marriage? Can a baker decline to bake a cake for a gay couple (and defy a state's anti-discrimination laws) because he or she objects to same-sex marriage on religious grounds?
    http://reason.com/blog/2017/06/26/su...-on-gay-weddin
    A mile of road takes you a mile. A mile of runway takes you anywhere.

I have landed an airplane at: 3CK, PWK, UGN, DKB, ENW, RFD, DPA, 06C, JVL, MSN, VPZ, LAF