Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL national anthem controversy

Needs your put
    Blog Entries

The NFL national anthem controversy

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) -- Defiant, and determined to be a conduit for U.S. change, Colin Kaepernick plans to sit through the national anthem for as long as he feels is appropriate and until he sees significant progress in America - specifically when it comes to race relations.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-28-17-45-33

Fans are burning jerseys now.
    I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

He's just trying to get the 49ers to release him.

Pete (thinks it will work, but wonders if anyone will want him)

Resident Black Man Great Put
    Quote Originally Posted by Plezercruz View Post
    He's just trying to get the 49ers to release him.

Pete (thinks it will work, but wonders if anyone will want him)
    Denver...all day

After those surgeries he has the "Chad Pennington noodle" for an arm. I imagine someone with cap space would sign him in the hopes of him working out and regaining his strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Raceboy View Post
    I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

What is he doing to help the cause besides sit on his ass? Lol.
    “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less travelled by.” -Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by buzzardmountain View Post
    After those surgeries he has the "Chad Pennington noodle" for an arm. I imagine someone with cap space would sign him in the hopes of him working out and regaining his strength.
    Well, I suppose Denver has experienced some success with a noodle-arm recently...

Pete (wouldn't want a second helping, though)

Ow! My Balls! Put Master
    This is the shit you think is a good idea when you live in the San Francisco bubble.
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Raceboy View Post
    This is the shit you think is a good idea when you live in the San Francisco bubble.
    We'll see. My guess is after the 49ers cut him and he joins up with a new team, he'll suddenly have a change of heart and stand for the anthem with everyone else.

Pete (thinks this is entirely a PR thing)

Ow! My Balls! Put Master
    Near the end of the media scrum, Kaepernick was asked if the pending presidential election had anything to do with the timing of his actions. He replied that “the two presidential candidates that we currently have also represent the issue that we have in this country right now.” When asked to expound, he said, “I mean, you have Hillary [Clinton] who’s called black teens or black kids super-predators. You have Donald Trump who’s openly racist. I mean, we have a presidential candidate who’s deleted emails and done things illegally and is a presidential candidate. That doesn’t make sense to me, because if that was any other person, you’d be in prison. So what is this country really standing for?”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tional-anthem/
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Suddenly, Steve's a fan!

Pete (laughs)