Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: The Trumpcare thread

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    Two more Republican senators said Monday they will oppose the current Republican health-care bill enough to doom its passage, for now.

Following the announcement, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell abruptly called for a vote to repeal Obamacare without an immediate replacement as the replacement effort seemed to collapse.
    http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/17/senat...care-bill.html

At least they're not going to vote on a bill that makes things worse.
    A mile of road takes you a mile. A mile of runway takes you anywhere.

I have landed an airplane at: 3CK, PWK, UGN, DKB, ENW, RFD, DPA, 06C, JVL, MSN, VPZ, LAF

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has called for a vote to repeal Obamacare with a two-year delay after the plan to replace the law failed to win enough Republican support.
    http://abc7chicago.com/news/mcconnel...fails/2227704/

A straight repeal would be fantastic, since it would remove the nearly total authority from the hands of the Secretary of Health and Human services and, by extension, the President. I seriously doubt Republicans would want to give up that power now that they own it.

I have landed an airplane at: 3CK, PWK, UGN, DKB, ENW, RFD, DPA, 06C, JVL, MSN, VPZ, LAF

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    When Republican Sens. Mike Lee, of Utah, and Jerry Moran, of Kansas, effectively killed the Republican health care bill last night, they announced their position without first telling the White House about their move on the president's top legislative priority, a White House official said.

The snub comes on the same night that President Trump hosted another group of Republican senators, all of whom supported the bill, for dinner at the White House in part to discuss strategy to pass the bill.
    http://abc7chicago.com/news/white-ho...osion/2229435/

Trump was busy with more important things.

Last edited by Just Jon; 07-18-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    Now they don't have a vote for a simple repeal.