Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Venezuela's Maduro pelted by protesters leaving a rally - protests around the country

If they are doing so well, why are they so reliant on Federal money?

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...vernment/2700/
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jon View Post
    Absent the "welfare", the states to which you are referring will undoubtedly pursue other means of revenue.
    Like what?
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    I should have said that they'd find other means of balancing the books, because they may come to an equilibrium that doesn't require as much revenue. The point is that the availability of the "welfare" alters behavior. It makes no sense to believe that if the "welfare" is removed, these states will simply suffer.
    A mile of road takes you a mile. A mile of runway takes you anywhere.

I have landed an airplane at: 3CK, PWK, UGN, DKB, ENW, RFD, DPA, 06C, JVL, MSN, VPZ

#1 on that list receives a per capita $10,927 per person.

#50 on that list receives a per capita $9,047 per person.

All other states are somewhere in between.

That's really not a difference big enough to build a case on, but people with a political bent will do it anyway.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa...nding_by_state

Pete (sees sensationalizing of minor differences)

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    Caracas (AFP) - Venezuelan riot police fired tear gas and rubber bullets for a second day Thursday to break up protests by President Nicolas Maduro's opponents, further inflaming tensions after Wednesday's deadly unrest.

The clashes erupted as police in the beleaguered oil-rich nation tried to break up thousands of marchers as they reached a vital Caracas freeway, edging back slightly as masked protesters pelted them with stones and Molotov cocktails.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/venezuela...165342422.html
    A mile of road takes you a mile. A mile of runway takes you anywhere.

I have landed an airplane at: 3CK, PWK, UGN, DKB, ENW, RFD, DPA, 06C, JVL, MSN, VPZ

Strong Putter Strong Put
    Quote Originally Posted by skooly View Post
    If you'll set your wayback machine to pre-election, you'll find that Bernie's "they" had very little to do with red states. He promised the masses their freebies.
    At the precipice, we change!
    The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.