Thread: Trumpís billionaire adviser stands to gain from policies he helped shape

Needs your put
    Blog Entries

Trumpís billionaire adviser stands to gain from policies he helped shape

Billionaire investor Steve Schwarzmanís newfound status as a trusted outside adviser for President Donald Trump has created blurred lines in which the Blackstone CEO is offering guidance on policies that could boost the fortunes of his company and his personal wealth.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...fluence-237341
    A mile of road takes you a mile. A mile of runway takes you anywhere.

I have landed an airplane at: 3CK, PWK, UGN, DKB, ENW, RFD, DPA, 06C, JVL, MSN, VPZ, LAF

Is the implication here that people (or may specifically billionaires) can only support programs that don't benefit them?

Pete (checks the messaging)

Database Error Put Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Plezercruz View Post
    Is the implication here that people (or may specifically billionaires) can only support programs that don't benefit them?

Pete (checks the messaging)
    Yes.

Zach(stands up for the flat-earthers)
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

I'll take my chances. Put Master
    And politics was different from this when? People with money support people who protect their interests. Money talks. Always has, always will. This is why people who want a big government to protect them from the rich are the biggest idiots of all. It's government by the rich, for the rich.
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

I love how you guys turn a blind eye to and otherwise excuse the flagrant enrichment that Mad King Donald, his daughter, and their companies are engaging in from the White House.
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skooly View Post
    I love how you guys turn a blind eye to and otherwise excuse the flagrant enrichment that Mad King Donald, his daughter, and their companies are engaging in from the White House.
    Huh? Who are "you guys"? Every modern president and their families have enriched themselves through that office. We never see them leaving poorer! Yes, Trump is flagrant, which is a good choice of words, and we've had plenty of discussions about the blatant corruption. Those of us from Chicago are very used to corruption. Don't toss out an accusation when you're not paying attention.

Will Ivanka's role in the White House pay dividends for her business?

Venezuela state oil company (Citgo) gave cash to Trump inauguration

Nordstrom, Sears drop Ivanka Trump products

Trump refuses to bend to the office of president

The problem with Trump is the scale of his malfeasance is so great that his personal gains through corruption pale in comparison to his other misdeeds.
    A mile of road takes you a mile. A mile of runway takes you anywhere.

I have landed an airplane at: 3CK, PWK, UGN, DKB, ENW, RFD, DPA, 06C, JVL, MSN, VPZ, LAF

Show me when Obama was enriching himself like this from the Oval Office.

People lost their shit when Michelle Obama tried to get kids to exercise more and eat better. But when Trump is taking a treasure bath, his base has no reaction whatsoever.

I'm sure people will lose their shit a lot more if and when Melania Trump tries to do anything political.

Pete (wouldn't put anything past this White House)

Melania may just be a DNB

Quote Originally Posted by skooly View Post
    Melania may just be a DNB
    Great!

Pete (wishes her husband was too)