Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US teen died after drinking caffeine too quickly, coroner says

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    It reminds me of when my high school gym teacher told us a story about the kid who caught a football in the chest and died of a heart attack.
    A mile of road takes you a mile. A mile of runway takes you anywhere.

I have landed an airplane at: 3CK, PWK, UGN, DKB, ENW, RFD, DPA, 06C, JVL, MSN, VPZ, LAF

Go to a gym and see some of the pre-workout drinks guys take.....some of that stuff is hardcore stuff as far as caffeine goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Danisr1 View Post
    I drink a can of Monster every morning, and every now and then within a few hours throw down a Dt Pepsi too......doesnt really faze me. I am around 200 pounds.
    Monster really doesn't have that much caffeine in it. I think about 90mgs. But some of the others approach 300.

Pete (knows that Five-Hour Energy is somewhere in the 200-250 range)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Raceboy View Post
    Sounds like a freak thing to me. I drink a couple of cups of coffee before I leave my house and bring a 32 oz container of iced coffee with me to work every day. That's 48 ounces of coffee most days.
    That's about 250mg (give or take).

Pete (has caffeine contents committed to memory)

The Monsters I drink are 140mg per can....and most days that's enough caffeine for me.

5 hour energies don't settle well with me, I also didn't know they had that much caffeine in them.

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    5 Hour has 200 mg. It's the same as the caffeine pills. They do have a stronger version with 230 mg, though.
    A mile of road takes you a mile. A mile of runway takes you anywhere.

I have landed an airplane at: 3CK, PWK, UGN, DKB, ENW, RFD, DPA, 06C, JVL, MSN, VPZ, LAF

Quote Originally Posted by Danisr1 View Post
    The Monsters I drink are 140mg per can....and most days that's enough caffeine for me.

5 hour energies don't settle well with me, I also didn't know they had that much caffeine in them.
    Which Monster is it? And what's the calorie count?

Pete (thinks 140 is just about right)

Database Error Put Master
    I've been involved in enough discussion of clinical results to know that people can be outliers; At my old job, there was one study where a patient was taking in literally ten times as much drug through the gut as the several hundred other patients in the study -- the same pill put 10x more drug in his blood...

If something like that happened here, it would explain much.

I've also seen discussion that the taurine and guarine in the energy drinks can raise blood pressure and screw with cortisol levels... both of which can contribute to an arrhythmia.

I'd guess 1,000 kids could drink this combo without any problem at all; this was just a poor unlucky outlier.

Sucks for the kid and his family.
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

Quote Originally Posted by Plezercruz View Post
    Which Monster is it? And what's the calorie count?

Pete (thinks 140 is just about right)

https://www.caffeineinformer.com/mon...a-energy-drink

Zero Calories and lots of flavors....my go to morning drink.