Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Early indicators show flu season could be bad, experts warn

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    There are four times as many flu cases now as compared with this time last year.

It is still too soon to say just how bad this flu season will be, but the CDC believes it could reach near epidemic levels.

Young children are being especially hard hit.
    Of the 100 people who have died from flue so far this season, 13 are children.
    http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...ng-nationwide/
    I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

We're already planning on keeping our daughter out of school this coming week.

Pete (sent her there this week but the school is clearly on the uptick of illnesses)

Database Error Put Master
    Was asking a flu researcher I work with about this today, apparently when they were growing up virus to make the vaccine, it randomly mutated early on in a way that makes it a lousy vaccine; that is a big part of why this is all going so badly.

Also, apparently it takes 6 months to make a new batch!
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

There has been a noticeable uptick in student absences this week at my school. Several teachers as well.

-J (is going through hand sanitizer and getting raw skin from keeping hands clean.)
    Last edited by Tnnisace73; 01-12-2018 at 08:45 PM.
    “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less travelled by.” -Robert Frost

I was sick for a week, still have a lot of crap in my lungs actually. This is probably the sickest I've been in a very long time.
    DEEZ NUTS FOR PRESIDENT!!

It actually got worse:

Pete (hides out)

Database Error Put Master
    I’m currently trying to figure out if I have an awful cold or the flu; it's strictly cold symptoms, but bad. The internet isn't helping.
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

Strong Putter Strong Put
    Local hospital has banned visitation by those 12 years old and under.
    At the precipice, we change!
    The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

put-put Put Master
    Mine banned kids younger than 14 years. Yesterday, something like 10% of our patients were admitted for influenza; two weekends ago it was close to 1/3.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Good luck in there Jared.

Pete (hides out at home)