Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Early indicators show flu season could be bad, experts warn

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    She didn't have the flu. I did. I was told it was the B strain for this year.

More people have come to work sick this week. I don't know if they have the flu, but I'm super annoyed. And there have been people who have taken as many days off as I have but haven't had to use vacation time because they come to work in the middle of the week. I'm not a happy camper.
    A mile of road takes you a mile. A mile of runway takes you anywhere.

I have landed an airplane at: 3CK, KPWK, KUGN, KDKB, KENW, KRFD, KDPA, 06C, KJVL, KMSN, VPZ, KLAF, 10C

Database Error Put Master
    Oh, you had "B."

Sorry dude, you're screwed. I recommend going heremit.
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

put-put Put Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jon
    More people have come to work sick this week. I don't know if they have the flu, but I'm super annoyed. And there have been people who have taken as many days off as I have but haven't had to use vacation time because they come to work in the middle of the week. I'm not a happy camper.

Just wear this to work.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    INDIANAPOLIS — As far as flu seasons go, experts are saying the levels of visits to hospitals and emergency rooms for this one are comparable to the 2009 swine flu.

As such, reports of otherwise healthy or young people dying from the infection are flying around. The stories have been shocking, especially because many of these people were outside the high-risk groups for flu-related death that include pregnant women, small children and the elderly.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...flu/326789002/

I have landed an airplane at: 3CK, KPWK, KUGN, KDKB, KENW, KRFD, KDPA, 06C, KJVL, KMSN, VPZ, KLAF, 10C

Database Error Put Master
    It's still accelerating.
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/very-in...k-records-cdc/

"Very intense" flu season on track to break records, CDC says

This year's flu season has been dominated by H3N2, a particularly nasty strain which is linked to more severe illnesses, especially among adults over the age of 65 and children younger than 5.

Schuchat noted that this season, "We are on track to break recent records."
    Pete (hides out)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...aths-last-week

Flu Is Causing 1 in 10 American Deaths and Climbing

This year’s epidemic may be killing 4,000 people every week.

The levels of influenza-like illnesses being reported now are as high as the peak of the swine flu epidemic in 2009, and exceed the last severe seasonal flu outbreak in 2003 when a new strain started circulating, said Anne Schuchat, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s acting director. Swine flu, which swept the globe in 2009 and 2010, sickened 60.8 million Americans, hospitalized 274,304 and killed 12,469, according to CDC data. Deaths from the current outbreak will likely far outstrip those of the 2009-2010 season.

“This is a difficult season, and we can’t predict how much longer the severe season will last,” she said. “I wish there was better news, but everything we are looking at is bad news.”
    Pete (shudders)

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    It was the worst flu I've ever experienced. It was akin to the swine flu from years ago.

And the company I work for taught me that I should come to work sick.

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    MUNCIE, Ind. -- A Muncie, Ind. family is devastated after finding their 3-year-old daughter dead days after she was sent home from the hospital with flu-like symptoms.
    http://abc7chicago.com/health/3-year...ptoms/3076622/

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    (Reuters) - Adults who get a flu shot are 36 percent less likely to get the disease, while for children the figure was an unexpectedly high 59 percent, U.S. health officials said on Thursday, predicting that the current "intense" season could continue for weeks.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-officia...232132121.html