Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why you need to watch Olympic curling

I'll take my chances. Put Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    I think this is Venn diagram worthy. All sports are games, but not all games are sports.
    “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
    — Ernest Hemingway
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

More controversy!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-olympics/43102783

Hogline controversy: Great Britain curling team beaten by Sweden at Winter Olympics

Does curling need video replays? Can the sport rely on technology? And what are the rules regarding the hogline?

It was a curling controversy that confused and divided opinion among viewers, and frustrated Great Britain's women's team as they lost in unusual circumstances to Sweden on Sunday.

With the game in an extra end, GB Skip Eve Muirhead was judged not to have let go before the hogline with her final stone, which meant it was void.

The Swedes then secured an 8-6 victory.

There was plenty of reaction to the incident after the game, including BBC Sport commentator Jackie Lockhart who said the sport needed video replays.

"I have never seen that before, especially with the last stone in the last end," said Lockhart, a four-time Olympian.
    Pete (is outraged and stuff)

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    Aleksandr Krushelnitckii, who won a bronze medal in mixed doubles with his wife last week, has tested positive for a high dose of meldonium, the same medication that Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova was suspended in 2016 for using
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/russian...ity-1519017210
    A mile of road takes you a mile. A mile of runway takes you anywhere.

I have landed an airplane at: 3CK, KPWK, KUGN, KDKB, KENW, KRFD, KDPA, 06C, KJVL, KMSN, VPZ, KLAF, 10C

Those bastards even dope in curling?

Pete (can't believe it)

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Plezercruz View Post
    Those bastards even dope in curling?

Pete (can't believe it)
    I'm starting to wonder if ALL Russians dope.
    A mile of road takes you a mile. A mile of runway takes you anywhere.

I have landed an airplane at: 3CK, KPWK, KUGN, KDKB, KENW, KRFD, KDPA, 06C, KJVL, KMSN, VPZ, KLAF, 10C

Test the coaches!

Pete (bets you'd catch some)