Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 2018 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic

I'll take my chances. Put Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jon View Post
    Helmets are optional in IL, too. I always wore a full face helmet when I rode.

That bike is way too big for me. It's gotta be 700 pounds. It sure looks nice and comfy, though.
    My buddy's wife is about 5'6" tall and weighs a buck sixty and she rides a 2017 Fat Boy (the gold one behind mine in the first pic) no problem. I have ridden that bike too and my bike just feels so much lighter because of the new chassis. Hell, my wife test rode a 2018 Street Bob at 5'4" and she had no issues.
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cart213 View Post
    Nice bike!
    Thanks man!
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Gen X grew up on Japanese products and tend to like the engineering and handling aspects of import things....something that has finally gotten HD's attention.

If Harley doesn't change with the times they will be a shell of the company they are now.

Nice Bike BTW ! My buddy is the GM of Berts Barracuda and Black Widow up your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Danisr1 View Post
    Gen X grew up on Japanese products and tend to like the engineering and handling aspects of import things....something that has finally gotten HD's attention.

If Harley doesn't change with the times they will be a shell of the company they are now.

Nice Bike BTW ! My buddy is the GM of Berts Barracuda and Black Widow up your way.
    I bought it from Bert's! Josephine was the salesperson.

Turned 350 miles today (357 total) and the more I ride this bike, the more impressed with it I am. Today I swapped with a friend with a 2017 Deluxe for half an hour and when were done, we both agreed the 2018 is a massive leap forward in every way. The chassis is so much better it doesn't even feel like the same company made both bikes. Stiffer chassis, stressed member solidly mounted engine, full Showa suspension with modern monoshock in the back with hydraulically adjustable pre-load and the dual bending valve modern cartridge front forks means this 700lb bike handles like no 700lb bike has a right to. It's no sportbike, but it also wouldn't be completely out of place on a curvy road.

Engine-wise, the stock Milwaukee 8 feels like a fully stage 1 kitted Rushmore 103 in terms of power. Some call it sacrilege with the little oil radiator up front, but the amount of heat coming off the motor is so much less. My buddy's 103 will roast your right leg in Florida stop and go traffic while I had no such issues. The engine is is nearly sewing machine smooth too thanks to the counterbalancer, no vibrating mirrors at idle and just smooth power delivery at speed.

Sure, Harley purists are crying, but they are a dying breed. This is the bike Harley needed to build if they are going to survive and attract new buyer coming from Japanese machinery into the brand.

Strong Putter Strong Put
    That's right up your alley, Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by cart213 View Post
    That's right up your alley, Steve!
    I have the same tat on the same side so now I match my bike! LOL