Thread: Penguins furious Tom Wilson was laughing after hit that broke Zach Aston-Reese's jaw

Needs your put
    Blog Entries

Penguins furious Tom Wilson was laughing after hit that broke Zach Aston-Reese's jaw

Washington Capitals forward Tom Wilson has become the No. 1 villain in the NHL playoffs.

After knocking out Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Brian Dumoulin from Game 2 of their second-round series with a hit to the head, he levied a huge shoulder-to-head hit on Zach Aston-Reese that left the forward bloodied, with a broken jaw and concussion in Game 3. Neither play was penalized, though Wilson will have a hearing Wednesday with the NHL's department of player safety for the hit on Aston-Reese, the NHL announced on Twitter.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...hit/572244002/
    I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

He lines his target up 3-4 seconds beforehand, skates toward his target in a straight line not related to the puck play, both skates left the ice prior to the hit, clearly targeted at head, and the guy even ended up launching himself into his bench. I'm not sure how the referees can call that a clean hit...it's almost a textbook example of a charging penalty.

Pete (expects a suspension for sure)
    Last edited by Plezercruz; 05-02-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    A suspension would be deserved. He should have been penalized on the ice.

I'm for defending all rights for everyone.