Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black activist jailed for his Facebook posts speaks out about secret FBI surveillance

Quote Originally Posted by Plezercruz View Post
    You know...

...the fact that quite literally NOBODY seems to want to defend this guy makes me wonder if we have all the facts of the case in the original article.

Pete (suspects we have only the defendants side of the story, and every one of them says he's a victim)
    I'm waiting for a reputable outfit to investigate the story.

skooly (thought The Guardian fell flat on this one)
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Quote Originally Posted by skooly View Post
    I'm waiting for a reputable outfit to investigate the story.

skooly (thought The Guardian fell flat on this one)
    There are a few other articles out there. I spotted references to this guy celebrating the deaths of cops and calling for violence against them. Protected free speech, to be sure, but I'm not sure any entity really wants to be associated with those positions, especially prior to an initial motion to dismiss, which was granted.

Also amusing is that right-wing news sources call him a radical leftist and left-wing sources say he's a member of the extreme right wing!

Pete (realizes that assholes have rights, but that doesn't mean people have to jump to help them)
    Last edited by Plezercruz; 05-16-2018 at 04:00 PM.

I'll take my chances. Put Master
    Quote Originally Posted by skooly View Post
    I didn't say his legal rights protected him--I said they'll compensate him.

Assuming we're getting the full story. Which is a big assumption.
    They may compensate him. They also may not. But his life has already been ruined. Hey, how many people who have been robbed through asset forfeiture have been repaid? Blind faith in the light of overwhelming evidence to the contrary is a pretty strong indicator of religious fanaticism. Trusting the government to be the arbiter of its own power is just silly and you know it. That's simply not how power works.
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

put-put Put Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Plezercruz View Post
    Also amusing is that right-wing news sources call him a radical leftist and left-wing sources say he's a member of the extreme right wing!
    now that's funny.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain