Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Kaitlin Bennett: Why she wore a rifle for graduation photos

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Raceboy View Post
    You're acting as if gun manufacturers have blanket immunity. They don't. They are exempt from being sued because of crimes committed with their products. Has an auto manufacturer ever been sued because their car was used as the getaway car in a bank robbery or a truck manufacturer sued because a terrorist decided to use a certain truck to mow down a crowd?
    That'll depend on circumstances, but if a car dealer sold a car to a man who told him he was looking for a good vehicle to mow down people, and that could be demonstrated in court, liability would probably attach.

Pete (isn't asking for the ridiculous)

Ow! My Balls! Put Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Plezercruz View Post
    That'll depend on circumstances, but if a car dealer sold a car to a man who told him he was looking for a good vehicle to mow down people, and that could be demonstrated in court, liability would probably attach.

Pete (isn't asking for the ridiculous)
    Should that make a car dealer liable for the actions of another person? Besides, what gun manufacturer sells directly to the public? Isn't a gun dealer still liable in that case?
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Car ownership isn't a right protected by the constitution

Should that make a car dealer liable for the actions of another person? Besides, what gun manufacturer sells directly to the public? Isn't a gun dealer still liable in that case?
    The answer to your question (as with all such question) is that we'd figure that out over time. That's how the whole "free market theory" works. It's iterative and eventually we'd have standards and regulations (just simply not authoritarian) and we'd get there.

The second amendment to the US constitution has prevented that from happening.

Pete (thinks we'd be in the same predicament with cars if Congress and the various states could pass no laws whatsoever abridging our right to drive cars)

Database Error Put Master
    This Bugatti titanium brake caliper is 3D printed:

https://www.bugatti.com/media/news/2...m-3-d-printer/
    And now I'm trying to decide which would encounter more instantaneous force, a brake caliper or a gun barrel.
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

Ow! My Balls! Put Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    And now I'm trying to decide which would encounter more instantaneous force, a brake caliper or a gun barrel.
    It can stop a 4400 lb car going 250 MPH in about 8 seconds. Talk about kinetic energy!

"Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Database Error Put Master
    pretty.

zach(drools)
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    pretty.

zach(drools)
    The gun or the girl?

Pete (plays dumb)