Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Shooting reported at Texas' Santa Fe High School

Database Error Put Master
    I vote we fix our education system, bring back trade schools and get the economy back on track so fewer people are stressed and/or miserable and there is less societal pressure, resulting in less psychological trauma and fewer violent outbursts of all kinds.
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    I vote we fix our education system, bring back trade schools and get the economy back on track so fewer people are stressed and/or miserable and there is less societal pressure, resulting in less psychological trauma and fewer violent outbursts of all kinds.
    I went from making $60-70k a year to $100-110k a year with fewer hours worked. My quality of life has never been better. Iím now in the top 7-8% of income earners. That means 90+% of the people earn less than me. With the continued race to the bottom for wages, good luck ever raising the average quality of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    That will bring "mass shootings" down (and I'd argue it already has, given the crime trends) but I can't help but note that every one of these school shooters was attending a pretty decent school before they shot it up.

Pete (looks elsewhere for the school shooting solution)

Database Error Put Master
    Not all kids in good schools come from financially solvent homes, and that can be a huge stressor.
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

I'll take my chances. Put Master
    What about the stress of modern social media? At least for most of us when the school day ended so did the shit if you were getting any. Now it's just like the news cycle, 24/7, and anything you fuck up is recorded forever for everyone to see. There's just no escape. That's gotta be at least a contributing factor.

Steve (is willing to bet kids are suffering PTSD from neverending social media pressure)
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken