Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US student's 'Summa cum laude' graduation cake censored

Iím hoping youíve also noticed that Iíve mentioned how the average worker is getting screwed. We all should make a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Plezercruz View Post
    Sure it does.

Pete (thinks it says "don't get one")
    It so happens that I have the May 2018 edition of Chicago Lawyer magazine in front of me, which includes their annual pay survey.

Key stats:

1. Since 1985, first-year Illinois lawyer earnings have risen 49.5%. The cost of in-state law school tuition has gone up 489.4%

2. Only six of the state's 9 law schools could boast that at least 60% of their 2016 graduates were working full time as attorneys.

3. The starting salary of a first-year associate at the top firms in the city is $180,000. The dropoff after the top firms is significant, after the top 30, they're making under $120,000.

4. The average law school graduate has about $200,000 in debt. Most are still carrying the bulk of their undergraduate school debt.

Pete (found that rather timely)

I'll take my chances. Put Master
    Quote Originally Posted by electrician1976 View Post
    I donít have a single college credit and I make over 4 times that. Doesnít say much about their law degrees does it?
    Do you make that working for Google at home in your underwear and if we just click on the link, so can we?
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Raceboy View Post
    Do you make that working for Google at home in your underwear and if we just click on the link, so can we?
    Nope. Look at my screen name.

Quote Originally Posted by Plezercruz View Post
    It so happens that I have the May 2018 edition of Chicago Lawyer magazine in front of me, which includes their annual pay survey.

Key stats:

1. Since 1985, first-year Illinois lawyer earnings have risen 49.5%. The cost of in-state law school tuition has gone up 489.4%

2. Only six of the state's 9 law schools could boast that at least 60% of their 2016 graduates were working full time as attorneys.

3. The starting salary of a first-year associate at the top firms in the city is $180,000. The dropoff after the top firms is significant, after the top 30, they're making under $120,000.

4. The average law school graduate has about $200,000 in debt. Most are still carrying the bulk of their undergraduate school debt.

Pete (found that rather timely)
    Is the market that over saturated with attorneys?

I'll take my chances. Put Master
    Is the market that over saturated with attorneys?
    I'm sure with free money for everyone to go to school forever, that's part of it. I'm sure a lot of the graduates can't pass the Bar exam too.

Steve (knows there's a huge incentive for schools to keep taking that free money even from students who shouldn't be there)
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

http://www.economicmodeling.com/2014...ers-continues/

The Oversaturated Job Market for Lawyers Continues, and On-The-Side Legal Work Grows

In most of the U.S., and for many law school graduates, the legal job market continues to be lousy. This has been a big storyline for several years, and potential law students ó not to mention law schools themselves ó appear to be getting the message. As the Wall Street Journalís Law Blog noted in December, first-year enrollment at U.S. law schools sank to the lowest total since 1977. The 39,675 full- and part-time students enrolled marks a 31% drop since 2010, when more than 52,000 were enrolled.
    Pete (knows that was 4 years ago, but it's not too much better today)

Strong Putter Strong Put
    Why wouldnít I be?
    I make as much as you, but I guess I was raised not to discuss such things.