Thread: Starbucks is eliminating plastic straws from all stores

Starbucks is eliminating plastic straws from all stores

http://money.cnn.com/2018/07/09/news...aws/index.html

Starbucks is eliminating plastic straws from all stores

The coffee company announced Monday that it will phase out plastic straws from all of its stores by 2020.

To eliminate straws, Starbucks is transitioning from the flat, plastic lids that require them, to ones that feature a raised lip you can drink from. The new designs have drawn comparisons to an adult "sippy cup."

In a statement, CEO Kevin Johnson called the move away from plastic straws a "significant milestone" in the company's sustainability efforts.
    Pete (found one more reason not to partronize Starbucks)

Now let's see them eliminate those huge plastic iced-tea cups.

skooly (agrees that paper straws suck)
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Behold the Starbucks adult sippy cup:

Pete (googled it)

Strong Putter Strong Put
    There's more plastic in that lid than in multiple straws. I'm not sure they've understood the message.
    At the precipice, we change!
    The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

Database Error Put Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    There's more plastic in that lid than in multiple straws. I'm not sure they've understood the message.
    That isn't the complaint on straws -- apparently straws have a shape that lends to extensive problems for a variety of creates, getting stuck in turtles throats and killing them, for example.

Plus they make the most obnoxious sound when someone slurps at the bottom of a mostly empty cup.
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

Ow! My Balls! Put Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    That isn't the complaint on straws -- apparently straws have a shape that lends to extensive problems for a variety of creates, getting stuck in turtles throats and killing them, for example.

Plus they make the most obnoxious sound when someone slurps at the bottom of a mostly empty cup.
    Yes, but if we just let natural selection work then in 50,000 years or so we would have turtles that could live on plastic straws!
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Database Error Put Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Raceboy View Post
    Yes, but if we just let natural selection work then in 50,000 years or so we would have turtles that could live on plastic straws!
    Brilliant!
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

I'm willing to bet that if you look at the big picture, Starbucks is making money on this.

Pete (is too cynical to take them at face value)