Thread: Police body-cam footage shows shooting that killed hostage, armed suspect

Needs your put
    Blog Entries

Police body-cam footage shows shooting that killed hostage, armed suspect

"Perez then pushed the woman in between himself and the officers, raised the serrated knife, and pressed it against the woman's neck," the police department said in a statement Tuesday. "At this point three officers fired their handguns at Perez who was hit by the gun fire and fell to the ground.

"Tragically, Perez's hostage was also struck by gunfire, collapsed and later died from this gunfire," the statement adds.
    http://abc7chicago.com/police-body-c...spect/3859415/
    I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

put-put Put Master
    Ok, so cops are nervous, twitchy, and terrible shots.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

put-put Put Master
    It's too bad that the hostage was struck by gunfire. If only the police had been there to stop the gunfire, she wouldn't have been struck.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Database Error Put Master
    Someone's been watching Speed too much.
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

What's the distance? Looks like 20-30 feet? And the officers took the shots with handguns?

Wasn't there time to have someone with a rifle and a set position to at least take a GOOD shot?

The cops fired 18 rounds, and hit the hostage twice. The video suggests the suspect was not an immanent threat to the cops when he was shot.

The cops are saying he was actively cutting the hostage's throat when they opened fire. If so I don't have much problem with their reaction. But if he was just holding her at knifepoint as a shield then I would think the gunfire was reckless, especially with so many rounds fired.
    For every ailment under the sun - There is a remedy, or there is none;
    If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"We’ve always assumed that you can’t bring back the dead. But it’s a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee