Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Florence on track to hit East Coast as major storm later this week

Hurricane Florence on track to hit East Coast as major storm later this week

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/10/us/fl...wxc/index.html

Hurricane Florence on track to hit East Coast as major storm later this week

Grocery stores are restocking shelves with water and bread, and supply stores are selling a lot of plywood and generators Monday as East Coast communities prepare for Hurricane Florence to strike hard later this week.

Forecasters say Florence could mount a direct, devastating hit on North and South Carolina as the most powerful storm to hit the area in three decades.

Pete (doesn't like that probability curve)

put-put Put Master
    It's a good thing all those people don't live in California, because they have earthquakes there!
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Its going to be a big boy!

We got hit by Irma a year ago.

One nice things about these hurricanes. They blow hot air at us in Chicago.

Pete (is looking forward to another summer weekend)

We are preparing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Raceboy View Post
    I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Good luck, Robin.

Pete (can PM you his cell number in case you lose touch via internet)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...911-story.html

A Category 4 hurricane is heading toward Washington. So are the Cubs. Here are 5 things to know about Thursday’s makeup game.

Thursday’s afternoon makeup game between the Cubs and Nationals is still on schedule in Washington in spite of Hurricane Florence’s approach.
    According to the radio this morning the Cubs are seriously considering forfeiting the game to not have to fly into harm's way.

Pete (thinks they're bluffing)

Ow! My Balls! Put Master
    Be safe Robin. We werw in the same boat last year at this time with Irma and we dodged a bullet. Let's hope you are just as lucky.
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

I wont ride out anything over a Cat 2. Be safe Robin.

put-put Put Master
    Yikes. Evacuate early, if need be.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain