Thread: Romano Fenati sacked for pulling brake of Moto2 rival Stefano Manzi

Romano Fenati sacked for pulling brake of Moto2 rival Stefano Manzi

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8532616.html

Romano Fenati sacked for pulling brake of Moto2 rival Stefano Manzi

Romano Fenati has responded to his dismissal from both his current Moto2 team and the one he was due to join next year by announcing his immediate retirement from motorcycling, and hit out at rival Stefano Manzi for escaping criticism for his part in last Sundayís controversy.

The pair clashed during the Misano Grand Prix in San Marino that resulted in Fenati deliberately grabbing the front brake of Manziís Suter at close to 140mph and could have resulted in a serious accident.
    Pete (got this from Jon)

Ow! My Balls! Put Master
    I'm a big MOTOGP fan and I couldn't believe this when I saw this. I think his retirement definitely was in anticipation of a lifetime ban. In Fenati's defense, extremely aggressive "full contact" riding is often left unpunished even though it's every bit as dangerous and I have seen similar retaliations between the best of the best like Rossi and Marquez after one gets sick of getting roughed up by the other. At that point, it's not racing. It's just a game of chicken. I know there is a difference, but it's really splitting hairs.

Steve (has retaliated in real life auto and kart racing)
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken