X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the Democrats want tax hikes...

Pete (supposes they always will)

Comment

I think we all know the government doesn't have a revenue problem, it has a spending problem.
      "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
        And the Democrats want tax hikes...

Pete (supposes they always will)
        I remember when Democrats on the site were arguing for increased tax revenue when many on the site were arguing for (at least mostly) spending reduction.

-Jon (sees the spending rising faster)
        I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

Data for this year's Pig Book is out. It lists $5.1 billion in earmarks which it classifies as waste. In the overall scheme of things, $5.1 billion doesn't seem like all that much. However, this is like the tip of the iceberg. There is no way to calculate the waste that actually exists. We're screwed. Nobody will (can) ever do anything about this until the well goes dry.

http://cagw.org/reporting/pig-book

The 2016 Congressional Pig Book exposes 123 earmarks in FY 2016, an increase of 17.1 percent from the 105 in FY 2015. The cost of earmarks in FY 2016 is $5.1 billion, an increase of 21.4 percent from the $4.2 billion in FY 2015. While the increase in cost over one year is disconcerting, the two-year rise of 88.9 percent over the $2.7 billion in FY 2014 is downright disturbing.
          At the precipice, we change!
          The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information