Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What If Todayís Cars Were Designed Decades Ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If Todayís Cars Were Designed Decades Ago?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1972-Porsche-911-Cayenne.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-none&fit=around%7C660%3A440&fit=around%7C640%3A427.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	510369
    1972 Porsche 911 Cayenne

Car buyers of the 1970s hadnít wrapped their heads around the idea of a sport-utility vehicle as a primary means of transportation, but what if the team in Stuttgart had bucked the trend? Porsche has been active in off-road racing for decades, and we can only imagine what upscale couples would think about how this lifted 911 with plenty of room for four would play at the country club. No question, an air-cooled boxer engine would be in the back, with vents in the rear pillars for the oil coolers. And the name Cayenne? In the case of the off-road vehicle and similar to Carrera, it would have been used for the specially upgraded variant based off of an experimental model Porsche created for the Baja 1000 to battle Volkswagen, here sporting a vinyl roof, front driving lights, and side-sill protection with footboard function.

More here:

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/m...4yfkSSWudGiSn0
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Most of those look better than their modern counterparts.

Pete (must be getting old)

Comment

I'll take the Tesla.
      At the precipice, we change!
      The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information